a subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is committed to delivering the best possible service to you while maintaining the confidence that you place in us. As part of this, we have adopted strong principles across the Group to ensure the protection of your data. As such, we would like to provide you with transparent information about how we place, use and store cookies on your device when you use our website (the “Website”).
1- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text, image or software files that are placed on your device when you access our Website. The word “device”, when used in this Cookies Policy, refers notably to computers, smartphones, tablets and all other devices used for accessing the internet.
Cookies may be either: (i) session specific, meaning that they are deleted from your device once the session and browser are closed; or (ii) persistent meaning that they will remain on your device until they are removed.
Cookies perform a number of useful functions, such as to:
- Authenticate and identify you on our Website and/or Application in order to provide you with services that you have requested;
- Enhance the security of the Website and/or Application, including to prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties;
- Send you personalised advertising notably based on your browsing history and your preferences on line;
- Monitor your use of our Website and/or Application in order to improve them;
- Enhance your user experience by adapting and tailoring the content on the Website and/or Application to your interest and providing more relevant BNP Paribas content;
- Remember information that you provided to us (e.g. to automatically populate forms with information that you have previously provided to us so that you can log on more quickly);
- Keep track of your preferences and settings in your use of our Website and/or Application (e.g. time zone etc.).
2 - What kind of information can be stored in a cookie ?
The information stored by the cookies on your device may relate to the following, subject to its retention period:
- the webpages you have visited on that device;
- the advertisements you have clicked on;
- the type of browser you use;
- your IP address;
- and any other information that you have provided on our Website.
3 - What kinds of cookies do we use and for what purpose?
The cookies we use on our Website are only stricly necessary (mandatory) and never used for analytics, advertising nor sharing contents.
These cookies are essential for the Site to function properly. They may include, for example, cookies which collect session ID and authentication data, cookies that make it possible to personalize the interface of the Website (for example, for the choice of the language or presentation of a service) or some audience measurement cookies. This category also includes cookies that allow us to comply with our legal obligations, including ensuring a safe online environment (for example by detecting repeated login failures in order to prevent unauthorized persons from reaching your account).
Please, note the cookies are placed on your device only when you reach your personal space (during connection) and never while you navigate the public pages of our Website.